Top Sporting Events/Venues to Travel To
In conjunction with my last post and given that it is the super bowl this weekend, I have decided to come up with a list of events I think would be the most desired to travel to. If I missed any that come to the top of your head let me know:
My Top 5 Desired Sporting Events in the US:
- The Super Bowl: Anywhere, any team (preferable the Pats) for the greatest sporting event ever.
- Lambeau Field: Title town, USA and one of the most storied stadiums in the world.
- Kentucky Derby: Because who doesn't want to dress up like this and tailgate all day and bet on horses.
- MSG during the Cup: There is no better arena in the world and no place better to watch a hockey game than Madison Square Garden when the Rangers are good. I can only imagine what it’s like during the Stanley Cup.
- NCAA Football title game: If the Badgers are there, then I can then die happy.
|Even though I went to Madison, I never made it to Lambeau.|
Top 5 International Events I want to Travel To:
- The World Cup: The largest sporting event in the world and it will be in Brazil next year….
- The Olympics: It might take up a lot of your time and there might be tons of crowds but you need to go to one in your life.
- Manchester United Soccer Game: To be among hooligans once in my life.
- Rugby match between New Zealand and Australia: When I was down under everyone was going ‘mental’ during this game…plus why would you not want to cheer these guys on.
- Palio di Siena/Running of the Bulls – They are unique, carry lots of tradition and are held in two beautiful countries.
|The Palio di Siena takes place the main piazza of Siena.|
Top 5 Sporting Events I have traveled to:
- The Rose Bowl: Hollywood boulevard, Santa Monica beach and the Granddaddy of them all; the Rose Bowl offers everything.
- 2004 ALCS game at Yankee Stadium: Although the RedSox lost, there is something to be said for the amount of energy in a stadium when the most hated rivalry is playing in the playoffs.
- Duke @ Wisconsin NCAA BBall Game: (Full disclosure I did not have to travel anywhere for this game) Upset Duke. Front Row. On TV. Rushed the Court. Enough Said.
- Wrigley/Fenway: The two most iconic baseball parks in the country.
- Cowboys Stadium: It was like nothing I have ever seen before.
|My five seconds of fame at the Wisconsin vs. Duke game.|